To gain a better understanding of how the EIB can support and contribute to mitigating SLCP emissions, achieving the CCAC’s objectives and creating a basis from which to work, the Bank decided to prepare this report. The report is intended:
- To raise awareness inside the Bank about the benefits and the potential of mitigating SLCPs,
- To assess whether the Bank’s standards and criteria appropriately consider SLCPs,
- To develop an improved understanding of the impacts of the EIB’s activities with respect to emissions of SLCPs,
- To identify potential opportunities for the EIB to address and mitigate SLCPs,
- To communicate to the Bank’s counterparts what EIB can offer to more effectively match the interests of the Bank and potential project developers willing to address SLCPs.