Selected from over 80 submissions from 27 countries, the 2018 Climate & Clean Air Awards finalists represent a wide range of projects and individual efforts to reduce dangerous air and climate pollutants.
Find out about the finalists and cast your vote for the winner in the People’s Choice category below.
Award recipients will be announced at a high level ceremony during the Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco, California (USA). The event will take place from 16:30 to 18:30, on September 11, 2018 and be followed by a cocktail reception. The event will give winners the opportunity to showcase their work to attendees and media.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the event and can register here.
This year's winners will be selected by panel of ditinguished jury members. They are:
- Ms. Bahijjahtu Abubakar, Head of Climate Mitigation (Clean Energy), Nigeria Ministry of Environment
- Ms. Rita Cerutti, Director General of Policy and Planning, Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Mr. Emmanuel de Guzman, Secretary and Vice Chairperson, Philippine Climate Change Commission
- Mr. Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Head of Climate and Energy Practice, WWF International
- Dr. Youba Sokona, Vice-Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)