The CCAC MSW Knowledge Platform is a tool that has been established to promote, share and exchange information and provide outreach resources to support cities and governments to reduce short-...
Observations and reflections from the exchange visit were used for identifying the following potential focus issues for the future work of the city exchange between the City of Sao Paulo and the City of Copenhagen:
- Waste management planning and implementation of the master plan, hereunder implementation plans and focus on efficiency of the collection schemes
- Waste management communication, information and focus on user behaviour as strategic and operational means for fulfilling the goals and purposes of the waste management system as well as to improve the efficiency and acceptance of the system
- Contract strategy and contract management, with focus on contract length versus capital investments and development needs as well as on incentive structures and controlling and performance indicators
- Financing of the waste management system, hereunder fee systems
- How the inclusion of the informal sector is affecting the efficiency and economy of the formal waste management system and how such an inclusion can be made in a way that is beneficial to all parts