As part of the NDC Partnership Climate Action Enhancement Package (CAEP), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in partnership with the Climate and Clean Air Coalition...
This project has helped Eswatini:
- Define data inputs (animal categories, feed basket and herd parameters), which included developing a matrix of animal categories (farming systems per animal cohorts) for the collection of data (on animal numbers and technical parameters) and computation of Tier 2 emissions
- Identify data gaps and propose data acquisition protocols
- Identify climate mitigation opportunities for the ruminant sector
- Deliver on-line capacity development in support of Tier 2 GHG inventory
- Identify the climate change indicators, data collection and processing procedures, and recommendations of the organizations where indicator data can be obtained for the agriculture sector
- Develop an integrated GHG, SLCP, and air pollutant assessment for the agriculture sector and recommendations for the inclusion of GHG, SLCP and air pollutant mitigation in the agriculture sector in Eswatini's revised NDC