Phase 1 – ongoing
In 2021, Thailand began Phase 1 of the CCAC national planning process. The project will identify integrated air pollution and climate change mitigation strategies, implemented by the Pollution Control Department (PCD) of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), and the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES). Findings will complement the 25 clean air measures identified in the CCAC regional assessment for Asia and the Pacific.
Key activities that will be undertaken as part of this climate change emission and mitigation analysis include:
- Identifying effective mitigation measures to improve air quality and mitigation climate change, including the 25 clean air measures identified in the report Air Pollution in Asia and the Pacific.
- Evaluating the regulatory framework and governance structures currently in place and their suitability for implementation of key SLCP mitigation measures and integrated air pollution and climate change mitigation.
- Developing recommendations for integrating air pollution and climate change mitigation and increasing implementation of key mitigation measures
- Building capacity for planning and implementation within government and other institutions for integrated air pollution and climate change action.
- Identifying practical actions and connecting institutions to increase implementation of air quality measures