The main project deliverables are:
- Training to a National SLCP Unit that includes building capacity for:
- The integration of SLCPs into NDC implementation plan
- The integration of SLCPs into greenhouse gas emission inventory development processes
- preparing a SLCP analysis
- Resource mobilization for mitigation measures
- Workshops to improve estimates of methane emissions from major sources including oil and gas, agriculture, and waste by collecting data to improve methane emissions estimates and applying IPCC Tier 2 methodology for Uganda
- An assessment report that sets out the mitigation potential of priority methane mitigation measures in oil and gas, agriculture (including soil carbon capture, storage and use- CCSU) and waste in Uganda taking into consideration measures already included in the NDCs.
- A methane roadmap that follows a methodology agreed with the CCAC Secretariat and is aligned with the national SLCP plan and NDCs.