Opening Date: 13 September 2022
Closing Date: 19 October 2022
Estimated project cost: US$ 40,000 – 50,000
This aim of this project is to support Cambodia’s Ministry of Environment in implementing its Clean Air Action Plan.
Through the proposed outputs and activities, the project should achieve the following by its completion:
1. Cambodia’s government has demonstrated increased capacity to:
|Number of government entities with a demonstrated improved capacity for SLCP action||1|
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- Trainings to local authorities on emission inventory systems and tools for Cambodia’s Ministry of Environment to regularly update and improve estimates of short-lived climate pollutant (SLCP) and air pollutant emissions and track progress on the implementation of its Clean Air Plan.
- A detailed assessment of air pollutant emissions for industrial sub-sectors and an evaluation of the impact of mitigation measures as a contribution to the implementation of Cambodia’s Clean Air Plan.
- An assessment of the key mitigation pathways and actions needed to increase the implementation of priority measures in Cambodia's Clean Air Plan, including information on the cost of implementation, roles and responsibilities of different organizations, indicators to monitor implementation, barriers to implementation, and actions to overcome them.
Applicants are encouraged to propose additional outputs as needed to ensure the expected project outcomes are achieved.
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail by 22 July 2022 and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the final decision regarding their proposal by 31 August 2022. Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.