The Working Group oversees the cooperative activities of the Coalition, and is the body in the Coalition making regular decisions on operational matters, for example approving entry of new Partners, approving initiative proposals and associated funding. See sections 4(b), 4(g) and 6 of the CCAC Framework Document.
Representatives of each Coalition Partner participate in meetings of the Working Group, at least twice per year. These meetings are an opportunity to enhance collaboration, move joint activities forward, and to formulate any recommendations to the High Level Assembly. For more information on participation see section 6 of the CCAC Guidelines & Rules of Engagement.
The Coalition does not have an observer status, however Working Group meetings are sometimes made open to Partners and any other stakeholders approved by decision of the Coalition. Interested parties are asked to approach the Secretariat.
Two Co-Chairs of the Working Group are elected by country Partners for staggered two-year terms. The current Co-Chairs are:
Yuka Greiler - Head, Global Programme Climate Change and Environment, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Yuka Greiler is a Head of Division with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Her team is responsible for bilateral and multilateral climate change and environment cooperation, such as Switzerland’s contribution to the Climate and Clean Air Coalition.
She previously served as Senior Advisor on climate change, negotiator in the UNFCCC process and Board Member of the Adaptation Fund. Since joining the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), she has held positions in the Swiss Embassy in India and in the SDC head office in Bern, working mostly on environment issues in bilateral and multilateral development cooperation with various countries, the UN, OECD, private sector, civil society and academics. Prior to working for the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs she served as parliamentary assistant.
She holds a MA in Environmental Sciences from the Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich.
Alice Akinyi Kaudia - Former Environment Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, Kenya
Dr. Alice Akinyi Kaudia was the first Environment Secretary for the government of Kenya; a position she has held since 2008 until September 2018.
In her more than three-decade career, she has also served as a Technical Advisor on forestry curriculum development and community-based natural resources management in Zambia and held various positions at the Kenya Forestry Research Institute.
As an advocate for climate action and poverty eradication in developing countries, Alice has various high-level international engagements in areas relevant to sustainable management of natural resources, climate change, and community development. She is a member of the World Resources Forum Advisory Board; Co-Chair of the Green Growth Knowledge Platform; and a member of UN Environment’s International Resources Panel Steering Committee.
She is also a founding member of Kenya Professional association of Women in Environment and Agriculture and the African Forest Forum.
- 8-12 October, 2018: 23rd Working Group meeting - Bangkok, Thaland
- 17-20 April, 2018: 22nd Working Group meeting - Toronto, Canada
- 25-29 September, 2017: 21st Working Group & other meetings - Paris, France
- 25-27 April, 2017: Working Group and Science-Policy Dialogue - Santiago, Chile
- 12 November, 2016: Working Group, preparatory session for the 8th High Level Assembly - Marrakech, Morocco
- 20-21 September, 2016: 18th Working Group - Paris, France
- 28 March-1 April, 2016: Working Group, Global Methane Forum and Science Policy Dialogue - Washington DC, USA
- 7 December, 2015: Working Group Prepatory Meeting
- 24-25 February, 2015: Working Group - Kathmandu, Nepal
- 20-21 September: Working Group - Paris, France
- 16 - 17 July, 2014: Working Group - Paris, France
- 2-3 April, 2014: Working Group - Paris, France