This brochure gives an overview of the BreatheLife campaign. It looks at the health risks and impacts of air pollution and solutions to the problem.
Partners in the campaign are working to:
- Connect cities: Provide a platform for cities to share best practices and demonstrate progress in their journey to meeting WHO air quality targets by 2030
- Increase monitoring: Work with municipalities to expand monitoring efforts that can keep citizens informed and facilitate more sustainable urban development
- Accelerate solutions: Build demand for new solutions that are working and support municipalities in effectively implementing them in their own cities
- Build public awareness: Increase support for city and national action to reduce air pollution and short-lived climate pollutants to meet health and development priorities by 2020, and the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030
- Empower individuals: Educate people about the burden air pollution poses to our health and our climate and provide meaningful ways to take action both locally and global