- Short-lived climate pollutants
- Our work
- Our partners
- Resources for action
- News & Events
- The Coalition
This webinar was held by the Climate and Clean Air coalition and the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) on Monday 26th of February. The purpose was to present the LEAP-IBC tool and to highlight the variety of its applications.
The Long-range Energy Alternative Planning (LEAP) – Integrated Benefits Calculator (IBC) is an integrated modelling and planning tool to help governments jointly assess greenhouse gases, short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs) and other air pollutants emissions; build mitigation scenarios; and understand the benefits of taking action on climate, avoided mortality and crop losses.
It allows to link the mitigation scenarios to produce national-scale estimates of avoided mortality and crop losses and climate benefits. The new application is now available for more than 70 countries.
1. Introduction, Helena Molin Valdes, Head of the Climate and Clean Air Coalition Secretariat.
2. Overview of the LEAP tool and its uses for energy and climate planning, Charlie Heaps, Senior Scientist, SEI.
3. The new applications: planning on air quality and short-lived climate pollutants, benefits on health, climate and crops, Johan
Kuylenstierna, Policy Director, SEI.
4. Live demonstration of the tool with examples from Ghana, Chile, and Côte d’Ivoire, Chris Malley, Researcher, SEI.
This factsheet describes the key features of the LEAP-IBC tool. The Long-range Energy Alternatives Planning (LEAP) - Integrated Benefits Calculator (IBC) is an integrated planning tool to help...