- Short-lived climate pollutants
- Our work
- Our partners
- Resources for action
- News & Events
- About Us
The Stockholm Environment Institute and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency hosted a webinar and demonstration of the SLCP toolkit developed as part of the SNAP initiative.
This webinar provides an overview of the SNAP SLCP toolkit. The SNAP Toolkit is a suite of analytical tools to assist action on short-lived climate pollutants at the national level. These tools enable the user to:
• characterize national emissions
• explore alternative emission reduction scenarios
• calculate country-level health, agriculture and global climate benefits
• compare results across alternative scenarios
• inform nationally appropriate action on SLCPs
It is based on the Stockholm Environment Institute’s Long-range Energy Alternatives Planning (LEAP) system, which is already used by thousands of planners and researchers around the world. The toolkit also includes a Rapid Benefits Calculator, which focuses on the health benefits of reducing air pollution. It also includes the Benefits Mapping and Analysis Program-Community Edition (BenMAP-C).
To watch the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NeHFUkIj7s&feature=youtu.be