The International Solid Waste Association is a non governmental, independent and non-profit association by statutes and follows the mission statement to promote and develop professional waste management worldwide as a contribution to sustainable development.
ISWA’s declared mission is to promote and develop sustainable and professional waste management worldwide.
ISWA achieves its mission through:
- Promoting resource efficiency through sustainable production and consumption
- Support to developing and emerging economies
- Advancement of waste management through education and training
- Promoting appropriate and best available technologies and practices
- Professionalism through its programme on professional qualifications.