Reducing methane emissions from oil and gas operations – be it abandoned sites or those currently under operation - is one of the most cost-effective and impactful actions governments can take to achieve their climate goals. In this webinar, Clean Air Task Force (CATF) and the governments of Nigeria, the Mexico and European Union will share their experiences in the development and implementation of relevant policies for the sector.
- Opening remarks: Alice Alpert, US State Department
- Introduction and Clean Air Task Force (CATF) experience: Jonathan Banks, International Director
- Federal Ministry of Environment of Nigeria: Asmau Jibril, Chief Scientific Officer
- Agency for Safety, Energy and Environment of Mexico: Dora Lopez Llanes, General Director
- Directorate General for Energy European Commission: Brendan Devlin, Counsellor
- International Energy Agency (IEA): Tomás de Oliveira Bredariol, Energy and Environmental Policy Analyst
- Closing remarks: Denise San Valentin, CCAC