- Opening Date: 1 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 60,000
This project responds to a request by Togo’s Ministry of Environment and Forest Resources for support to develop a waste management roadmap with actions for mitigation of GHGs and SLCPs from the waste sector in line with existing national policies and NDC commitments for the city of Lomé.
- Lomé has an action plan with clear steps in the waste sector to reduce methane emissions and preserve human health through efficient and sustainable management of solid household waste
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- Waste-related data to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the waste sector.
- An update to the existing CCAC action plan for the city with recommended mitigation measures to reduce SLCPs from the waste sector.
- An assessment of the actions implemented of the original action plan and identification of the actions not implemented and the barriers that prevented their implementation.
- A roadmap for the implementation of the action plan that includes the necessary activities, projects, and programs.
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 October 2022.Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Togo's involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.