- Opening Date: 6 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 50,000
This project responds to a request by the Ministry of Environment of Benin to deliver a national organic waste management and mitigation assessment.
- Benin’s government has increased capacity to account for methane from the waste sector
- Benin endorses the recommended measures to mitigate methane from the waste sector, particularly from organic waste
- A review of the current policies, laws and programs related to organic waste management at the different levels, city, state, and country.
- An assessment of the organic waste management sector of Benin, including understanding methane and SLCP emissions, which would include
- Data collection of current practices on organic waste, including existing organic waste treatment facilities
- Calculation of baseline of emissions
- Identification of methane mitigation measures for the organic waste sector based on the assessment
- An organic waste management roadmap, which includes:
- Quantification of the potential SLCP emissions reductions by implementing the organic waste methane mitigation measures
- Evaluation of the costs to implement the roadmap, including recommendations of economic instruments and funding opportunities to implement the roadmap
- Guidance document on how to communicate the organic waste management roadmap with the public and relevant stakeholders
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to email@example.com before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Benin's involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.