Opening Date: 6 September 2022
Closing Date: 19 October 2022
Estimated project cost: USD 200,000
This project responds to the request by Côte d’Ivoire’s Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development to deliver a project proposal to deploy soot-free buses and electric vehicles for Abidjan.
EXPECTED PROJECT OUTCOMES
Côte d’Ivoire’s government submits a GCF proposal on soot-free buses and electric vehicles in Abidjan focusing on shifting the fleet of the government owned SOTRA buses to electric
MINIMUM REQUIRED OUTPUTS
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- A full, ready to submit Green Climate Fund (GCF) proposal for the deployment of soot-free buses and electric vehicles in Abidjan, focusing on shifting the fleet of the government owned (SOTRA) buses to electric and building on work supported by the CCAC to review policy interventions to reduce emissions from the transport sector
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Côte d’Ivoire’s involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.