- Opening Date: 6 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 70,000
This project responds to a request by the Maldives’ Ministry of Environment to overcome the existing data limitations in the waste sector for informed decision-making and to assess the SLCP emissions from the waste sector.
Expected project outcomes
- The government of Maldives has methodologies and standards to collect data from the waste sector that will lead to better GHG inventory from the waste sector.
- The government of Maldives has local GHG emissions factors from the waste sector that would improve the GHG emissions for future reporting under the UNFCCC on Maldives’ NDC implementation.
- The government of Maldives has improved data to understand the waste sector SLCP emissions and to implement the recommended mitigation measures
Minimum required outputs
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- Development of data collection methodologies and standards.
- Development of emission factors in the local context regarding waste GHG emissions in the Maldives.
- SLCP emission analysis for the waste sector, with a specific interest in island communities’ waste management to inform tailored mitigation measures, including assessment of methane emissions from waste treatment and disposal facilities in the Maldives
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
How to apply
ligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to email@example.com before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding the Maldives' involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.