Opening Date: 8 June 2022
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Estimated project cost: US$ 75,000 – 100,000
The aim of this project is to advance national action on short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs) in the Philippines’ Department of Environment and Natural Resources, building on the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC).
Expected project outcomes
Through the proposed outputs and activities, the project should achieve the following by its completion:
1. The Philippines’ government endorses a National Action Plan on SLCPs that includes the quantification of emission reduction potentials and implementation plans to achieve the GMP.
|Number of action plans, roadmaps, strategies, or other future plans with SLCP targets or mitigation measures formally adopted, endorsed, and/or implemented||1|
Minimum required outputs
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- A finalized National Action Plan on SLCPs that includes:
- Linkages to other climate change planning processes, review existing processes and plans, and finalize national plan on SLCPs
- The quantification of the emissions reduction potentials of the relevant NDC measures
- Implementation plans for measures to achieve the country’s commitment under the Global Methane Pledge (GMP)
Applicants are encouraged to propose additional outputs as needed to ensure the expected project outcomes are achieved.
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to email@example.com before 30 June 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail by 22 July 2022 and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed of the final decision regarding their proposal by 31 August 2022. Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
More information regarding Philippines’s involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.