- Opening Date: 1 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 75,000
This project responds to a request by Togo’s Ministry of Environment and Forest Resources to provide capacity building to reduce SLCPs emissions from the waste sector, with consideration of gender.
The capacity building would be for key government representatives and experts in planning and implementing measures to improve Togo’s waste management system and mitigation of SLCP emissions. The capacity building would ensure that there is a gender balance among the participants that will be trained as well as the trainers.
Expected project outcomes
- Togo’s Government has increased capacity and knowledge to implement waste sector mitigation measures
- Togo has a roadmap of waste sector mitigation measures to develop into priority activities and programs
Minimum required outputs
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- A series of trainings/workshops (in French) aimed at:
- Strengthening collection systems for municipal solid waste
- Planning and implementing mitigation measures including:
- Developing sanitary landfills with landfill gas capture and utilization
- Reducing the volume of organic material in landfills through the diversion of organics and treatment through composting and other options
- Reducing open burning of municipal solid waste
- Associated documents and reference materials (in French).
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
How to apply
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Togo's involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.