- Opening Date: 6 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 200,000
This project responds to the request by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development for services that support to meet the country’s mitigation commitments announced at COP26 and raise methane ambition in its 2023 NDCs.
- Vietnam’s government has increased capacity on GHG accounting in the AFOLU sector, and financial tools for SLCP mitigation.
- Vietnam’s government endorses a methane roadmap for crop production and livestock sectors.
- Vietnam’s government increases methane ambition in its updated NDC by 2023.
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- Training workshops, with associated tools and guidelines, on greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting in the Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sector to representatives from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, national institutions, practitioners, and producers to support future reporting under the UNFCCC on Vietnam’s NDC implementation. This must include training on refined data methodologies.
- An assessment and report on the status of methane mitigation in Vietnam, and the most effective implementation pathways for achieving methane mitigation from crop production and livestock to help Vietnam develop a methane roadmap for the sector that also contributes to its sustainable development goals and economic growth.
- An investment strategy that can help Vietnam achieve its methane targets, building on the findings of the above mitigation assessment. The investment strategy should consider linkages to carbon markets, financial investments in low carbon/methane mitigation measures in the livestock sector, and technological/financial investment support for converting biogas to energy (electricity and fuels).
- A model-based analysis for the AFOLU sector using the mitigation assessment and investment strategies as inputs to the analysis. This analysis will support Vietnam update and enhance short-lived climate pollutant (SLCP) mitigation in its NDC by 2023.
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
The completed Application Form should be submitted to email@example.com before 19 October 2022.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
- Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Vietnam’s involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.