- Short-lived climate pollutants
- Our work
- Our partners
- Resources for action
- News & Events
- The Coalition
The Climate & Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) together with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) are releasing a Global Methane Assessment.
The Global Methane Assessment is a major new global study led by Professor Drew Shindell. It was produced by a team of scientists from leading research centres around the world.
The findings in the Assessment are the result of modelling that uses five state-of-the art global composition-climate models to evaluate changes in the Earth’s climate system and surface ozone concentrations from reductions in methane emissions.
The Assessment includes major implications for the mitigation plans in three crucial global sectors for climate change: fossil fuels, agriculture, and waste management. It also presents startling evidence of the huge health and economic impacts of methane emissions worldwide.
AGENDA FOR LAUNCH EVENT
1. Manish Bapna, President of the World Resources Institute (WRI)
2. Opening from Rick Duke, Senior Advisor to Special Presidential Envoy on Climate, United States
3. Message from Inger Andersen, UN Under-Secretariat-General and Executive Director UNEP
4. Overview of Assessment by Drew Shindell, Professor at Duke University and Chair of the CCAC Scientific Advisory Panel
5. Q&A (~30 minutes)
EVENT OPEN TO CCAC PARTNERS AND MEDIA