- Opening Date: 6 September 2022
- Closing Date: 19 October 2022
- Estimated project cost: USD 100,000
This project responds to the request by Cambodia’s Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery for services to strengthen the foundation for agriculture methane mitigation action to support the Clean Air Action Plan and future reporting to the UNFCCC on NDC implementation.
The government endorses the mitigation assessment for the agriculture sector
The government includes actions to mitigate methane from the agriculture sector in its Clean Air Action Plan
The government has increased capacity for greenhouse gas emissions inventory development through updated and improved methane emission estimates for the agriculture sector that can be fed into future UNFCCC reporting.
The project should deliver at a minimum:
- A report presenting the process for developing a comprehensive Tier 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventory, including a summary of the data sources used (national and international sources), major data gaps, processing procedures, and recommendations about the organizations from which indicator data can be obtained for the agriculture sector
- A Tier 2 agriculture GHG emission inventory
- A capacity building workshop to support the Tier 2 GHG inventory, applying IPCC Tier 2 methods and associated guidelines and tools (e.g., excel spreadsheets) and providing open-access Tier 2 agriculture GHG emission inventory
- A climate change mitigation assessment for the agriculture sector that identifies the most effective methods to reduce methane and the co-benefits for health, and air pollution
To be eligible for consideration, project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Are complete and submitted before the deadline
- Are submitted by a non-governmental organization (NGO), intergovernmental organization (IGO), or other not-for-profit entity
- Requested funding falls within the indicated cost range and the project duration is less than 24 months
- Budget criteria are met and spending caps on expenses are respected
Eligible applicants are invited to apply before the deadline by downloading the Application Form.
It is recommended that applicants review the Guidance for Applicants prior to completing the Application Form.
Proposals will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Quality: the clarity of the proposed outputs and activities and the extent to which they will deliver the expected outcomes
- Experience: evidence of the project team’s understanding of the national planning process and short-lived climate pollutants, and their ability to deliver the proposed project
- Value for money: the level of funding requested for project delivery
- Alignment: how well the proposal demonstrates its contribution to the CCAC 2030 Strategy and National Planning, Policy, and Implementation Engagement Strategy
- A preliminary review of proposals submitted by the deadline will be conducted by members of the CCAC Secretariat, Funding Task Team and Board, in consultation with relevant CCAC Partners.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their proposals in further detail and to respond to follow-up questions about their application.
- Successful applicants will be invited to develop a Project Implementation Plan and Detailed Budget in consultation with the CCAC Secretariat and relevant CCAC Partners.
Projects are expected to be launched in 2023.
More information regarding Cambodia's involvement as a CCAC Partner is available on their Partner Page.